Your new electric Dragger™ is a 24 volt model and you will need two (2) 12 volt U-1 batteries connected in series (using the series-wire that shipped along with the Dragger™). U-1 batteries can be found at any battery retailer or lawn & garden store. All Deluxe models are shipped with batteries and chargers included.
Recommended Battery Selection Choice:
The U-1 battery has a square tab with a through hole on top with dimensions of 7.75” long x 5.125” wide x 6.125” tall, specific options are as follows:
- Sealed or Gel Type Battery (more expensive):
- Designation: U-1 – 12 Volt 30-35 Amp Hour Sealed Maintenance Free Rechargeable Battery.
- We recommend this battery for our electric motors over the wet type battery as this batteries’ life will be significantly longer than the Wet battery thus economically you may be better off. This type battery is meant to be drawn down and then recharged.
- Wet Type Battery (less expensive):
- Designation – U-1 – 12 Volt Garden Tractor Battery BCI Group Number U-1.
- This battery is adequate but may not last as long as the sealed battery noted above. This type battery is meant to always be at a full charge and is more often used for starting gas engine type applications. The cold cranking amp designation applies to starting a gas engine and is NOT applicable to added power in an electric engine.
Dragger Switches, Wiring, and In-Line Protectors are rated for 30 amps.